Welcome
Welcome to Iglesia ni Cristo Forum

This Forum is created for several purpuses to share every Ideas/Opinion and make new best buddies Online specialy inside members of the church of christ or Iglesia ni Cristo. Always have fun and Enjoy!

About Baptism

Get to know more of INC Doctrines Here

Moderator: megumi noriko

About Baptism

Postby rebecca » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:14 pm

I just want to inquire about the methods of baptism in different cultures. How long would it take for baptism if a person in different culture is finished for his doctrines and about to baptized supposedly last November. Until now, he is still waiting for the schedule, but no reply yet from the administration.
rebecca
Approve Members

Religion: Iglesia ni Cristo
Kapisanan: Kadiwa
Locale: Australia

Re: About Baptism

Postby ghodhereek » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:48 pm

I understand your concern regarding the wait on baptism. I would worry myself if I do not know how long should I wait. I am not sure if I am allowed to answer this online but my advice is to ask the LOS secretary of your locale. I know that policies change and my answer could be inaccurate. I want you to get the correct answer and your LOS secretary or your resident minister can give you the right answer.
ghodhereek
Approve Members

Kapisanan: Buklod

Postby megumi noriko » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Ghodhereek was absolutely right.

Ms. Rebecca, you may ask the full details with your resident minister or try to coordinate with your locale's (Light Of Salvation) secretariat.
megumi noriko
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby brideoflamb » Tue May 11, 2010 11:02 pm

You questions concerning baptism are moot!! One must understand the ENTIRE Bible to fully understand the signifigance or lack therof... baptism was introduced as a ceremomial rite just like blood sacrifices and the and the Holy supper. InC I know teaches that one must be baptized by water submersion in order for sins to be absolved. But one must understand the "wages of sin is death.. the second death of course! Now who paid for those sins by spending an eternity in the lake of fore for those God elected to save? Well Jesus did of course! thats why when HE said "It is done" the payment and absloving of those sins was completed. Hence the act of water baptism was a ceremonial rite that had symbolism in honoring that sacrifice: Just as water washes the dirt from the skin.. so does the GOSPEL wash away sins from the soul!! Take as an example a brother or sister whose heart is not in the baptism and is only doing it to marry a sister or maybe satisfy family member.. The HOLY SPIRIT the INC claims would not be present even if the act of baptism had any bearing as a component to ones salavation To clarify that even better ones must understand the ENTIRE Bible and not come to a conclusion on any verse until is is understood in light of the whole Bible. The Bible clearly says "FAITH IS A WORK' and also " MAN IS NOT JUSTIFIED BY HIS WORKS" but by the FAITH OF JESUS!! when God opens up our spiritaul eyes and ears then and onlythen will faith come into play and thats a result of God saving us not a component of our doing anything to get saved !! I hope all on here can see the differnce!! God bless and YES Im a member of the church and trying from withinn to spred the TRUE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brideoflamb
Approve Members

Religion: Christian

Postby ghodhereek » Wed May 12, 2010 3:41 am

How are you trying to spread the "true word" from within?
ghodhereek
Approve Members

Postby cake » Thu May 13, 2010 9:28 am

Hi brideoflamb. I understand your rage against our church. However, you are posting at the wrong thread. If you have any questions regarding our faith, I suggest you to create your own thread and patiently wait for somebody to respond on it. Also, please do not exhibit hate on your posts. This is an Iglesia Ni Cristo forum, not a religion debate forum.

Your cooperation will be truly appreciated. Thank you. ;)
"People will insult you and hurt you. They will lie and say all kinds of evil things about you because you follow me. But when they do, you will be blessed." Matt. 5:11
cake
Approve Members

Locale: Quiapo

Signifigance of baptism

Postby brideoflamb » Sun May 23, 2010 12:22 am

This thread will focus on baptism and how its inter-related to salvation. The word baptism means 'cleansing" With what I have posted concerning how one is forgiven of their sins and How JESUS paid for those sins of the chosen.. water baptism was a ceremonial rite depicting or symbolizing JESUS 's act. Just as water (GOSPEL) washes away dirt from the flesh.. the gospel or JESUS washes or " cleanses" the soul and of those sins.. Baptism that JESUS speaks of in the BIBLE is not the literal physical act but the baptism he is referirng to is what he did by spending an eternity in the lake of fire.. man would love to think that some act he or she does in his or her life can play some role in getting ones saved,, But we must remember the running themes of the BIBLe and they are : That we are saved by the GRACE and MERCY of God and by the FAITH of JESUS No work including faith can get us saved.. Thass why baptism is nice and adoring act but it plays no part in our salvation!! the other running theme is that God can have mercy on whom hE wishes to have mercy on and HE chose before HE created the world whom HE would save and HE did that by JESUS taking on the sins of the chosen (HIS BODY OR ETERNAL CHURCH)!!! And JEUS could only do that by spending an eternity in the lake of fire! The water baptism whether it be by sprinkling as the catholics do or by submersion as INC has not and NEVER will play any role is one's salvation!!!
brideoflamb
Approve Members

Re: Signifigance of baptism

Postby Menorrah » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:42 am

Are you telling me that when Jesus was baptized in water, it was not an important act? That after preaching to Cornelius, Peter baptized him and his family, that was not an important act?

You think you know better than the apostles who performed baptism.
Menorrah
Approve Members

Postby brideoflamb » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:36 am

Memorrah!! Answer me this?? was JESUs pure and sinless? and what is it that INC teaches when you join that baptism will do? im an INC member and remember the Bible studies and what they taught!! They teach that baptism by the Holy SPIRITt putting HIS stamp on it will absolve one of his sins past and present right?? Well was JESUS absolved of HIS sins?? OF COURSE NOT!! To give you a better understanding of all of this you first must know that when JESUS taught and preached HE ONLY TAUGHT IN PARABLES!! A parable is an earthly story with a heavenly meaning!! Jesus was trying to illustrate that the act of baptism was a ceremonial rite depicting the baptism(CLEANSING) of ones souls through HIM!! just like the HOLY SUPPER INC conducts every yr! Its a wiobderful rite but it doesnt save us!! baptism is similar to that.. WONDERFUL but the main theme MENRORAH is that the payment of the sins of those GOD elected to save throught JESUs were paid for when JESUS was the SACRIFICIAL LAMB!! We can't do any act that will play a part in our SALVATION!!. God through HIS MERCY AND GRACE through the FAITH OF JESUS did all of the WORK!! God bless and feel free to respond with any questions you arer having as my sole purpose on here is NOT to act like I know it all.. FAR FROM it.. but to enlighten the INC members or those comtemplating joining INC!! god bless!!!!!!!!!
brideoflamb
Approve Members

Postby Menorrah » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 am

You did not answer my questions. Apostles of Christ, even Paul, performed baptism in water....are you better than them in understanding what Christ taught?
Menorrah
Approve Members

Next

Return to Iglesia ni Cristo Main Doctrine